WORN PERFORMANCE MATTERS
We believe that you should have the confidence to hit the road no matter whether your tires are new or worn.
TIRES WEAR DOWN. BRAKING PERFORMANCE SHOULD NOT.
Even as they wear, MICHELIN® tires are built to maintain wet braking performance throughout the life of the tire1 — because performance shouldn’t depend solely on the depth of your tread
THE MICHELIN DIFFERENCE
We rigorously test our tires in new and worn states to ensure they’re ready for every mile ahead. We also test competitors’ tires – new and worn – which is why, for example, we’re confident pitting our worn MICHELIN® Premier™ A/S tires2 against their new tires.
MICHELIN Premier® A/S
Safe When New. Safe When Worn.3 Even when worn, this tire still stops shorter on wet roads than leading competitors’ brand-new tires.4
PEACE OF MIND
More performance for every kilometre with the MICHELIN® Premier™ A/S tire – that’s the promise of Michelin’s long-lasting performance.
Designed to provide confidence from the first kilometre to the last.
Longer performance means less frequent tire changes–saving time and money.
Changing tires less frequently helps minimize environmental waste.
The truth about worn tires
BILLION DOLLARS WASTED5
COST FOR DRIVERS EVERY TWO YEARS6
INCREASE IN TIRE COST FOR SAME NUMBER OF MILES TRAVELED7
Consult our Tire Selector tool to discover the MICHELIN® tire that’s best suited for your vehicle.Find a tire
Need to change tires? Whatever the vehicle, find quality tires at your nearest Michelin dealer.Locate a dealer
1. Michelin still maintains a 10-year tire service technical bulletin. This statement assumes normal tire operation and maintenance, and does not take into account unforeseen circumstances which may result in early tire removal.
2. Based on internal wet braking tests from 60 and 80 km/h vs. new Goodyear® Assurance® TripleTred™ A/S tires in sizes 235/55R17 (99H) and P215/60R16 (94V), new Bridgestone® Turanza™ Serenity Plus tire in size 215/60R16 (95V); using the MICHELIN® Premier™ A/S tires in sizes 235/55R17 (99H) and 215/60R16 (95V) buffed to 5/32" of tread on a 2012 Cadillac CTS and Honda Accord vehicles. Actual on-road results may vary.
3. Safe refers to wet braking, wet handling and hydroplaning resistance when tires are new and worn to 5/32”. All tires eventually wear out and should be replaced. Half-worn PremierTM tires are safe because of EverGripTM Technology, which combines an evolving tread with a high-traction compound for enhanced wet braking capabilities.
4. Based on internal wet braking test results from 60 and 80 km/h versus Goodyear® Assurance® TripleTred™ A/S tires in sizes 235/55R17(99H) and P215/60R16(94V), Bridgestone® Turanza™ Serenity Plus in size 215/60R16(95V); using MICHELIN® Premier™ A/S tires in sizes 235/55R17(99H) and 215/60R16(95V) buffed to 5/32"of tread. Actual on-road results may vary.
5. EY Report - Planned obsolescence is not inevitable, May 2017, an Ernst & Young report commissioned by Michelin
6. Assumes that well-maintained tires last roughly 60,000 miles with 8/32nds of usable tread depth. If replaced at 2/32 instead of 4/32, each tire would yield 20,000 miles more.
7. EY Report - Planned obsolescence is not inevitable, May 2017, an Ernst & Young report commissioned by Michelin